The sheer number of people creating traffic in a wilderness area has an automatically negative impact on the environment. Even if we lived in a perfect world where everyone was environmentally conscious and followed the rules, the explosion in the number of visitors in outdoor recreation would still cause damage to most areas. Here are a few key things you can do in order to Leave No Trace on your next trip down the Kings River.
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Human Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect the Needs of Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Others for Solitude
- The use of any type of Glass or Styrofoam container is prohibited within the banks of Arkansas' navigable waterways.
- Coolers and other containers used for transporting food and beverages must be securely closed so that littering will not occur in the event of a capsize.
- Mesh trash bags are required to contain any trash along your trip.
- When out of cooler, a koozie (floating beverage holder) is required to prevent aluminum beverages from sinking.